How to Shuck Oysters
Here Alan introduces us to oysters from Poole Bay in Dorset and he gives us an introduction to the art of shucking oysters. Using an oyster knife with towel in hand, here Alan executes the opening or shucking of three oysters – then he presents all three differently on a bed of ice.
This is quick fire introduction demonstrates the simple techniques in shucking oysters along with a recipe idea which you could easily implement at home.
Over to you chef!
- Read The GB1 Seafood Review
- Read The GB1 Sunday Review – A Cut Above
- Q & A: Meet GB1 Executive Chef Alan White
- Mid-week dining offer at GB1 £45 for two diners includes 2 courses and a glass of wine each. Available every Monday-Thursday evening. Menu offers a selection of the finest fish and seafood caught locally, as well as some great meat and vegetarian options. Booking strongly advised. Please present this completed voucher to your server to qualify.
- Fish Afternoon Tea Review