The Grand Lounge & Bar Manager.
We currently have an amazing opportunity for a commercially astute and experienced Food and Beverage professional to join our highly successful team at The Grand as a Lounge & Bar Manager.
At The Grand Brighton, we make hospitality truly meaningful.
We strive to create an individual and personal experience for all our guests by delivering Exceptional Hospitality…… so individuals with engaging personalities, who recognise the detail and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude, are a perfect match for us.
This an exciting role which involves managing the opulent and recently designed and refurbished Victoria Terrace, Lounge and Bar where guests can enjoy a mid-morning coffee, a show stopping cocktail with friends, brunch, plates and platters in the evening or the famously indulgent Traditional Afternoon Tea.
Forming part of our food and beverage management team, you will report directly to the Director of Food and Beverage Services with a primary responsibility of ensuring that the team are delivering a fantastic level of service to our guests, maximising all revenue opportunities and driving standards forwards.
This Role Includes
The ideal candidate will understand what amazing hospitality looks like, have a passion for current food and beverage trends and thrive in a challenging environment. They will be familiar working within an entrepreneurial “independent” business environment and have a track record of driving a business forward. Candidates will have a minimum of 2 years proven management experience within a leading renowned restaurant, bar or similar environment.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including bonus scheme, health plan, work place pension, life assurance, complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme, discounted use of hotel facilities, and a high street, local attraction and retail discount programme.
Bar Manager Brighton
To be successful in your application for the position, you must possess the following skills and qualities:
• A strong and charismatic people person able to communicate across at all levels
• Forward thinking and strategic with a focus on improving standards of operation – a passion for standards and service
• Market aware – both in terms of competition and trends
• A natural leader and people person able to develop and lead a team of supervisors in all aspects of the operation for their own development as well as that of the business – leading from the front and delegating effectively
• Calm and assured under pressure – well organised and structured in approach
• Emotionally intelligent – with an understanding of what makes individuals “tick”
• A quality focused person who understands the needs of the customer and is happy to be targeted on providing great service.