We currently have an amazing opportunity for a passionate Commis Chef to join our highly successful team in the 2 Rosette, GB1 Seafood Restaurant within The Grand, Brighton.
At The Grand, we work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing food quality constantly.
Main activities and responsibilities:
• To assist the Chef de Partie in preparation production of food items required for each service/function following instruction in regard to methods used to ensure that all food is prepared on time and to an acceptable standard.
• To work in a clean, hygienic manner and help maintain equipment in clean, sanitary working to help avoid any problems regarding kitchen hygiene and clean items of equipment/utensil as directed by supervisor to help maintain an acceptable standard of kitchen and equipment cleanliness.
• To have a thorough knowledge of menus being served in various food outlets and familiarise themselves with the preparation/service of food items produced in the hotel under guidance of senior staff to learn and progress as a member of the kitchen brigade.
• To avoid undue waste/spoilage to help ensure overall profitability to predetermined targets set by senior chefs.
• To observe all health, hygiene, safety and fire regulations.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including service charge payment, free meals on duty, complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme, discounted use of hotel facilities, work place pension, life assurance and a high street, local attraction and retail discount programme.
If this is a challenge that excites you, then apply now!