We currently have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Junior Sous Chef to join our highly successful team in the Conference & Banqueting Kitchen within The Grand, Brighton.
At The Grand, we work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing food quality constantly. If you are truly passionate about delivering creative dished to the highest standard of food for your guests then we want to hear from you.
Forming part of the Kitchen management team, you will report directly to the Executive Head Chef with a primary responsibility of ensuring that the Conference & Banqueting Kitchen brigade are delivering a fantastic level of food quality and service at all times, maximising all opportunities and driving standards forwards.
To be successful in your application for the position of Sous Chef, you must possess the following:
• Currently working as Jnr Sous or Senior Chef de Partie in a fast paced restaurant
• Have strong leadership skills, depth of knowledge with experience of classical and modern cooking techniques.
• Loves to teach, train and develop chefs.
• Can communicate to all levels professionally.
• Preferably Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate (can be obtained on site)
• Ability to keep calm under pressure
• Standards orientated with an eye for detail.
• Ability to supervise and team build effectively
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Ensure that all aspects of kitchen activity are co-ordinated to create a professional, safe, hygienic and cost effective working environment.
• Ensure smooth flow of work in the kitchen, examining food temperature, quality and appearance of the finished produce before serving to the customer.
• Monitor and be a role model for all standards to ensure the efficient running of the kitchen operation and the avoidance of interruptions to service.
• Adhere strictly to food hygiene regulations according to the Food Safety manual, HACCP and EHO directives.
• Ensure that food items are handled, cooked and served to company specification in accordance with the Food Safety manual.
• Establish and use clear lines of communication within the kitchen operations and with food service staff.
• Maintain operations standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene, health and safety and ensure there is minimal wastage.
If this is a challenge that excites you, then apply now!
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including share of service charge, complimentary gym facilities, free meals on duty, workpplace pension, life assurance, hotel recognition scheme, discounted use of hotel facilities and a high street, local attraction and retail discount programme.