Welcome to GB1 – The 2 AA Rosette Fish Restaurant at The Grand, Brighton
GB1’s philosophy is quality with simplicity.
The 2 AA Rosette restaurant offers a fantastic choice of the finest and freshly caught seafood from Brighton’s shores.
Executive Chef Alan White’s brigade of passionate and inventive chefs add a contemporary touch to classic British cuisine and seafood favourites.
Standout menu items include the striking lobster burger and the king prawn pan-roasted fruit de mer platter, while new additions include wonderful twists on retro classics such as the Neapolitan ice cream with pistachio crumb dessert.
The seasonally changing menu also boasts meats from the grill such as the delectable Aberdeen Black rib-eye steak, classic Sussex favourites and vegetarian dishes.
Executive Chef Alan White’s philosophy is quality & simplicity.
Diners can savour GB1’s hallmark dishes: a classic local seafood chowder or a fantastic selection of native and rock oysters, followed by Alan’s delicious Tikka marinated Monkfish or a luxury-laden Sussex fish pie.
Although fish and seafood dishes dominate the menu, seasonal meats from the grill and vegetarian dishes feature.
The fish is fresh and sustainably sourced and the staff impeccable, service at its best – the “grand” way.
The restaurant’s stunning central champagne and oyster bar (seats 20), offers a more relaxed dining area in which to share a seafood platter and watch the expertly trained chefs prepare oysters and other fruit de mer.
There are also private dining options within the sea facing terrace or GB2, ideal for canapé receptions or private celebrations.
The wine is classified by style rather than region & focuses heavily on perfect accompaniments to the delicious fish.
Whether you want a quick bite and a glass of quality champagne, a quiet dinner or a celebratory feast, GB1 offers the perfect dining experience for all.
- Read The GB1 Seafood Review
- Read The GB1 Sunday Review – A Cut Above
- Q & A: Meet GB1 Executive Chef Alan White
- Mid-week dining offer at GB1 £45 for two diners includes 2 courses and a glass of wine each. Available every Monday-Thursday evening. Menu offers a selection of the finest fish and seafood caught locally, as well as some great meat and vegetarian options. Booking strongly advised. Please present this completed voucher to your server to qualify.
- Fish Afternoon Tea Review