Our friends behind Table Talk Foundation, a charity that raises funds to support food education in Sussex for children, and to support local hospitality industry, have a string of event tickets going live today. They’re hot property and will sell out fast. So let this line-up of top chef’s whet your appetite and then book to secure your place at one of the seven delectable dinners.
Hot off the press
Following on from the success of Sussex Showcase launch in 2022, Sussex-based charity Table Talk Foundation, has announced its chef line-up for its 2023 series of high-profile chef dinners.
The Sussex Showcase is a week-long collaboration between Sussex’s best restaurants and some of the finest chefs in the UK and in a first for the event, Europe. All tickets include a donation to the charity.
“Sussex Showcase launched in 2022 to highlight the very best of Sussex hospitality by inviting some of the UK’s best chefs to come and cook in our amazing county. Our first line up of chefs had eight Michelin stars between them and included two Great British Menu finalists and a MasterChef: The Professionals winner. It was imperative we kept this high standard of chefs for 2023,” says Table Talk Foundation co-founder Daniel Wade.
He continues: “Our 2023 Sussex Showcase will be bigger and better. This year, we have two premium Sussex brands – Ridgeview Wine Estate and Harwood’s Group – joining us as joint headline sponsors and we thank them for their support. We are also partnering with The Staff Canteen again this year who will be providing live content on their social platforms during each event.
“Our line-up is truly world-class. We are so grateful to the chefs for giving up their time to support our charity and raise some much-needed money for our local hospitality sector. This year our chefs have a total of 11 Michelin stars between them and our first ever international guest chef, Belgium’s Nick Brill, runs a restaurant that was recently voted the 23rd best in the world.”
This year’s line-up:
- Monday 6th March – Matt Abé, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay (three Michelin stars) and George Blogg, Gravetye Manor (one Michelin star)
- Tuesday 7th March – Nick Brill, The Jane (two Michelin stars and 23rd Best Restaurant in the World) and Jean Delport, Interlude (one Michelin star)
- Wednesday 8th March – Tom Shepherd, Upstairs (one Michelin star) X Matt Gillan, Heritage (Great British Menu finalist)
- Thursday 9th March – Nick Beardshaw, Kerridge’s Bar and Grill (Great British Menu finalist) and Steven Edwards, etch. by Steven Edwards (MasterChef: The Professionals winner)
- Friday 10t March – Anna Haugh, Myrtle and Anna Haugh at The Conrad (MasterChef: The Professionals judge 2022) and Michael Bremner, 64 Degrees (Great British Menu finalist)
- Saturday 11th March – Greg Clarke (former chef at The Clove Club, The Ledbury, Tom Aikens) and Ali Munro, Wild Flor
- Sunday 12th March – Tom Barnes, L’Enclume (three Michelin stars) and Ben Wilkinson, The Pass at South Lodge
Partnering with some of Sussex’s best
As well as creating an amazing line-up, Sussex Showcase looks to highlight the incredible producers in Sussex by partnering with them to offer special discounts during the week. These will include; breweries, vineyards, cheese producers, artisan bakers and more.
“Our long-term vision is to make Sussex Showcase a permanent fixture in the UK hospitality calendar. We love what Edinburgh fringe has done for comedy and this is something we are using for inspiration,” adds Wade.
More about the charity
Table Talk Foundation launched in 2021 with two main goals:
- Provide food education to children in Sussex – the charity is currently working with 25 schools and delivered food education classes to over 1,000 children in 2022.
- Support the local hospitality sector by providing free training sessions to hospitality staff to tackle issues like mental health in the workplace, improving culture and building teams.
Tickets go on sale on Monday 5th December via www.tabletalk-foundation.com. Over 90% of the tickets for this year sold within 48 hours so those that want to secure a space are advised to be quick.