Meet Laura Petersen – Executive Pastry Chef
Laura Petersen is the Executive Pastry Chef for The Salt room and Coal Shed restaurants in both Brighton and London
1. Describe your self in three words- busy, ambitious, and loyal!
2. Who was the last person you went for dinner – one of my best friends Chanade for a Japanese tasting menu in a restaurant in London!
3. Strangest thing you’ve ever eaten – fried chicken feet at Blue hill stone barns.
4. What makes you laugh – My best friend, Jess been friends for 15 years have exactly the same sense of humor.
5. Favorite thing to make in the kitchen – at work ; ice cream, I love making a successful new flavor like waffle or pretzel and at home.. Anything spicy – ramen, curry, fajitas!
6. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning- for work not long – 45 minutes on a day off probably twice that! ha
7. What would you refuse to eat, even if it meant no dessert –celery, cant stand it!!
8. What is your favorite movie – love a good action – Django has to be up there!
9. Tell our foodies what they can expect from your demos in 2018 – mixing it up abit this year, showing you more plated dishes and elements from the restaurant. I will be showing one of my favorite chocolate recipes and then incorporating that into a plated dessert.
10. I’m off to the bar what are you drinking – has to be gin and tonic.